PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

As I said in my last post, what is the Pro Leisure Circuit (PLC)? Well it is hard to describe. We don't have many rules, and as far as I know, none are published on how it works. The few rules are unwritten and passed on by word of mouth. The big one is that you can't work full time and be a member of this organization. If you must work, you cannot do it for more than six months out of every twelve calendar months. And of course you have to pursue good times and grins. There are a few other rules, but I can't remember all of them. The following are the few I do.

One of the main ones is that you must be a baby boomer. Right now the consensus is a baby boomer was born between 1945 and 1965. So if you were born in those years, you can become a member. Don't know how many people are members of this organization either. It is really a fairly loose knit bunch of people. Some come some go. If you have a permanent home, you can't live there more than 12 consecutives months. I'll add more on the PLC later, but will start posting on a trip.

No comments: