PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A LOT OF SKIING WITH LITTLE POWDER

Our Powder Thursday was not very powdery today.  We sure could use some more of that white fluffy stuff on the mountain.  There were about 3 inches of new snow this morning.  We did have an outstanding day though.  Connie and I skied a great run with the "old guys" (and one lady).  They do some serious skiing let me tell you.  The average age of this group is in the 70's I am pretty sure (this of course does not count Connie and I)!  What a fun group of people to ski with - it is because they are up there just to have fun.

I had Connie up and going early this morning.  Gary fed the horses this morning so we could head right up there.  Connie does not quite see the fascination I have with putting the first tracks on new powder.  I guess I am still trying to live up to the old motto "First Chair - Last Call" that I had in my youth, or at least the first part of the motto!  I can't do both anymore.  I was on the first chair this morning with Dave and did get the first tracks down Thunder and Lighting.  Not as much snow as one would like, but I will take what I can this winter. 


A few of the "old guys" waiting for a padded chair before they get on the lift!



Waiting for one of the guys who had a little trouble staying on the chair after getting on.  Won't go into the reasons, but it sure got a lot of laughs.



Connie and I skied out of bounds for the first time this year.  As you can tell, we need more snow.  Those little trees are usually covered up by now.



And so is this bear grass and brush.



Dave and I making first tracks on Lightning.

No comments: