PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

GUSTY WIND EQUALS WORK

We had some pretty bad winds the last few days.  When I went for my walk this morning around our place, I found an big old Ponderosa Pine that had blown over in the wind.  That was no big deal, but it happened to fall over the fence on our northern border and take out the fence.  Will have to get that cut out of there before we head over to the ranch next week since we will be turning the horses out when we leave.

We also woke up to snow on the ground this morning.  Just a skiff but it sure made it colder during our walk.  Our highs are in the 40s now instead of the normal 60s.  And with the wind, it sure seems colder.  But the hot summer will be here before we know it and will be wishing for cooler temps!



This tree is pretty old.  It died a couple of years ago from just old age I think.  I am sure when I cut into it, it will be hollow. 

No comments: