PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Friday, December 31, 2010

DEEP POWDER

There was more powder at Lost Trail resort today than I have ever skied there.  I am sure there have been days with deeper powder, I just have not been fortunate enough to ski them.  Took nephew Riley and niece Hailey (Ham) up this morning.  Riley and I stood in line to get on one of the first chairs - and we were not disappointed.  It was pretty cold so the powder was light and they said they had 20 inches.  It was even deeper over on chair 4 where we were getting face shots!  My mustache was frozen white real quick.  Did a number of runs out in Sacjac in what Riley described as "awesome" powder.  Then we went back to the other side and skied with Hailey down Femur Ride and Moose Creek.  This old uncle was getting pretty tired by then.  I headed into the lodge for a cocoa, and they continued until the lifts closed.  Oh, to be young again!

Riley out in Sacjac.



 Riley and Ham dropping into Moose Creek.

Ham's hair was frozen stiff sticking out of her helmet.
   

No comments: