PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Thursday, February 24, 2011

HELMETS ARE GOOD

Went up to Lost Trail today and skied some pretty good powder - although it was rather cold (one lady said it was 1 degree above when they drove into the parking lot).  Skied with Brenda and Dave for a few runs and then with Mike.  Mike and I ventured WAY out of bounds and skied the best powder of the day.  Really soft and not wind blown as much of the area was.  On our way out traversing along side of the mountain, I hit something under the snow and it knocked off my right ski.  I was thrown into a pine tree and if it had not been for the helmet, I would have had some blood flowing.  Made some pretty good scratches in the helmet and lots of little pine needles stuck in the breathing holes in the helmet.  And somehow hit my wrist which is a little swollen and getting black and blue this evening.  But I am now a real believer in the helmet for backcountry skiing.

Weather forecast is for more cold around here.  Maybe even some record lows for this time of year.  Connie is packing for Arizona!!!!

Mike just about to head down the ridge line in the far out of bounds area.

Our tacks coming off the top.

No comments: