PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Friday, February 01, 2013

LOTS OF POWDER ON POWDER THURSDAY

Our ski resort had 27 inches of new snow for our Thursday powder day.  Ike, Brenda, and Connie did not go up.   I skied with an old buddy from Missoula that I flew with in Vietnam, and we try to ski together at least once a year.  Dale and I ski about the same and both love powder.  We made some pretty fast non stop runs and were tired by 1400 so went back to the lodge and had lunch.  I guess we are just getting old.  I did get there early and stood in line for the first chairs to leave the lodge area for first tracks on the runs Thunder and Lightning.  Met up with Dale over on chair 4.  The bad thing about the day was there were long lift lines on chair 4 for a couple of hours.  Longest I had ever seen and hope not to see again.  Overall - a very good day!

Standing in line for the first chairs to get the first tracks.  Never seen so many in line before.

 Over on chair 4 waiting in line.  Click to enlarge to see both sides have lines this long!!!

No comments: