PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

THE ROARING LION BIT ME

Went hiking up Roaring Lion Creek today.  Connie was driving back from Salt Lake and Zeph and I needed to go for a little hike.  I have never hiked the canyon "Roaring Lion" so thought that would be a good trip.  Hadn't gone very far when I had to cross the creek.  I did not want to get my hiking boots wet and did not bring any wading shoes, so thought I would just do some boulder hopping.  Got to the third boulder and it was wet and very slick.  Next thing I know, I am slipping around on top of a boulder trying very hard to keep up right.  Well, I am not as agile as I used to be so ended up sitting on my butt in the middle of the creek.  Of course I landed in hole that was up to my knees in deepness.  That meant I got my pack and just about everything else wet.  Zeph looked at me like I was crazy sitting in the middle of the water.  Anyway, I got to the other side and had to dry a few things off.  I was lucky that my big camera did not get wet and the little one got a little wet, but I got it dried off quick.  Had to shake the water out of my pistol though.  The rest of the hike went pretty well.  Did not see any mountain goats which I was hoping to see.  Connie beat me home on her return trip from SLC, but I picked up a pizza on my way home.  We had a few beers while chowing down on the pizza.  Also caught up on all the news from here at home and down in Salt Lake.

Drying out my pack contents.

The rocks in the center are the ones I crossed.

Lots of views of the rocky sides of the canyon.

This is the creek further up.  The trail is in the lower right part of the picture.  You can see it is hardly used.

Old rock slides.

Quite a few berries.


Zeph always ready to have his picture taken.


Some nice side pools.

No comments: