PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Friday, December 13, 2013

FIRST DAY OF SKIING THIS YEAR

Connie and I met Ike and Brenda at our little local resort Lost Trail yesterday for our first skiing day this season.  Some pretty good snow and just a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, blue skies, and WIND.  Not to bad on one side of the hill, but over on chair 4 it was really ripping.  Anyway, we had a good time and all of us could tell it was our first day - quite a bit of thigh burn!  All the pictures below were taken on the lodge side of the hill - I did not take one picture over at chair 4 where the wind was blowing so.

They have removed a lot of beetle killed trees near chair 2 so there is a lot more terrain to ski.


Brenda making a few powder turns.

This is my go to guy when I have bird or birding questions.  This guy travels all over the world looking at birds and is one of the main guys in the valley's Christmas bird count.  And a pretty good skier also.

The crowds here are pretty bad sometimes.

Connie waiting for me to get in my skis and get in line at the lift below.

No comments: