PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Sunday, January 18, 2015

UPDATE 17 JANUARY 2015

We have been having about the same kind of winter now as we had a few weeks ago.  Cold and then warmer.  Have some ice still around, but for the most part it is not to bad.  Both of us are looking forward to heading south to really warm temperatures and doing some kayaking.  Plan on doing that in the middle of next month.

I have experienced something in the last few weeks that I have never experienced and that is an abscessed tooth.  Heard about them and know folks that have had them, but never thought I would.  Well I had one in a tooth that had never had a filling but had cracked.  It started to bother me in December and just got worse.  Because of specialization in their field now, I had to go through three dentists to get it pulled or "extracted" as they call it.  All went well and it sure does feel better.  This is the first time I have ever had a tooth pulled.  I can't believe how much better it feels, and I just got it done yesterday (Friday).  Of course everyone was quite concerned  about the infection as I just had my knee replaced in October.  So I have been taking two kinds of antibiotics to try and keep it out of the new knee joint.  I think I dodged the bullet on this one.

A few pictures taken while walking the Zeph around our place.


This time of year the moss and lichens are really out.








The valley waiting for the snow that is forecast for tonight.

No comments: