PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Sunday, April 26, 2015

QUILTS

I never thought I would be blogging about quilts, but I visited a couple of old high school friends (Bill and Peggy) who were one grade ahead of me at Corvallis.  Bill and I grew up about a mile from each other the way the crow flies and did a little hunting together.  Peggy is big in the quilt world.  She writes "How To" books and teaches classes on the subject.  And she doesn't sew them by hand either.  She has this machine that does the sewing that is pretty impressive also.  Bill and I were both in Vietnam - he in the Marines and me in the Air Force.  There was and is a difference in the services let me tell you!  Anyway, below are some pictures of just a few of the quilts that Peggy has done.




The "machine".

This quilt has been awarded a lot of ribbons and accolades.


Done from a picture she took while visiting Europe.


She does quite a few abstracts also.

Peggy and Bill.

No comments: