PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Monday, February 08, 2016

HALL OF FAME INDUCTION

Connie and I traveled over to Great Falls, MT for my induction into the Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame.  It was a great ceremony and was very humbling to be included in this group of folks.  I will tell you there are some really true and great  cowboys and cowgirls in this state.  The full name of the organization that puts this on is the "Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center".  They are working towards building a facility to honor Montana's cowboy way of life, American Indian cultures, and collective Western Heritage.  An ambitious goal, but one I think they will achieve.  Of course they are a nonprofit organization and anyone wanting to contribute can google them up and donate.

I wish more of our family and friends could have attended as it was well organized and everyone seemed to have a great time. I even did some dancing if you can believe that.  Should have had someone take a picture because there will be some who may not believe I was really out on the dance floor.

We gathered at the Sports Bar in the hotel for a few drinks before the Welcome ceremony.
And some even had a bite to eat.
My lovely wife and I.
The next morning the induction ceremony was held in the convention center.  The two gentlemen with hats on are Jerry Miller from Salmon who I ski with and my brother Gary on the right.
The floor of the convention center.
Doug, Connie, Rita, and Debra Ann.
Pat and Wendy with Connie.
I even dressed up for this event!!!
My picture on the big screen riding Lucky.
Presenting my plaque.
Here I am between Allen and Yvonne Martinell the owners of the Lee Martinell Company where Connie and I did most of our cowboying.
The Ball and Dinner and Auction in the evening.  The couple in the front are Ross and Brenda who are our good friends from the Seattle area.
We had to have 2 tables.
The official picture with most of the family there.  Some had already left or were attending a meeting.
The plaque.



No comments: