PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Monday, May 21, 2018

LOTS OF ELK AROUND

On my morning walk today, me and Zeph got to see lots of elk.  Connie was not with us as she was getting ready to go jump her horse up in Florence. The elk seem to be splitting up into smaller groups which they seem to do when it is calving season.  We have not seen any new calves yet this year though.  After we got back from our morning walk, I went down to burn some brush piles and saw more elk.  There were three of them and they were not a bit concerned that I was lighting brush piles on fire.  Well, they were a little concerned as they moved off a couple of hundred yards!  Of course I did not have my camera with me like I usually do when out in the woods so did not get any pictures.

These elk are just below some of our corrals while we are getting the horses in.

Just elk on our morning walk.




No comments: