PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Sunday, December 13, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SKIING THIS SEASON

We drove up to our little local ski area today in the snow.  We were hoping they had gotten more snow than the snow report said, but there were only a couple of inches.  We did hunt around and found some "powder" but there were a few tracks in it.  Lots of things sticking out of the snow also.  I did one run that Connie didn't - sometimes she has more sense than me - and I dropped in a hole or something.  The backs of both skies released and I did a face plant.  I hate it when you hear that click - click of the bindings releasing and you are in control, but not for long!  The groomed runs even had a few pieces of grass sticking out.  We all agree we need more snow!  Forecast is good, but I think they are just trying to get us skiers hopes up.  We got our pictures taken for our season pass and made a few runs.  Had lunch and came home.  Not a really hard day on the slopes. 


Connie in her new ski jacket coming down Southern Comfort.




 

 

 

Our boots and some gear drying by the fire.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I thought for sure that Connie would get a Red jacket.