PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

missed photo


2 December 2009:  When I went out on my walk this morning, I missed a great photo or two.  As many of you know, it was a full moon last night so the moon sets about the time the sun is coming up.  We are clear and cold here in MT right now so the moon going down in the west over the Bitterroot-Selway Primitive area, and the first pinkish morning sunrays hitting those snow capped mountains would have made for a great picture.  But I did not have a camera with me.  I had just walked around our place and was headed up to meet Connie who was coming back from her walk.  When she met me, she asked if I had a camera because up higher it was really a pretty moonset.  But of course I did not have one in my pack.  I am trying to do some serious walking with a pack on to get ready for skiing.  I will add a camera tomorrow though!  More weight – better shape!

 
Use your imagination and the snow capped peaks replace the Utah red rock and the forest replaces the water.  Leave the moon and the sun alone!



I have been working on getting my ski gear all ready to go.  I purchased a new pair of boots this fall and was adjusting a pair of skis to them, but could not get the forward pressure adjusted quite right.  Ended up taking them down to the local ski shop where Robert did it for me.  He said I had the pressure pretty well out of the right range!!  The moral of the story is - let the professionals do it.  Bindings are a lot more complicated now than they used to be.  Safer I think though.  No opening date for our little resort either.  They need about another foot in order to open.  The storms seem to be going around us or fizzling out. 

1 comment:

Rob said...

Great post, Smilin Jack!! Be sure to snap a few shots on the next walk.