PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TIME WITH SOME ELK

Connie and I were riding yesterday east of our place and got really close to a small herd of about 20 elk.  In fact, we got to ride through them!  Of course we did not have a camera so no pictures.  My horse Stryder was a bit nervous while we were among them, but Connie was riding Baylee and she was pretty ho - hum about it all. I am sure we were within 100 feet and probably as close as 60 or 70 feet to a couple of old cows.  They are really looking scraggly right now.  In fact when one old cow got up, little clumps hair fell off her neck.  We must have spent 30 minutes with them.  What a trip.  Also got to see 6 deer just before we came up on the elk.

My old laptop has just about quit on me so I am now posting this on a new one.  Will take me a bit of time to get used to all the new features and still have to upgrade to a new version of windows office. 

1 comment:

Rob said...

A Mac?