PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Saturday, March 24, 2018

ROOSEVELT LAKE, AZ


We drove to Roosevelt Lake to get warm.  And there is hardly any wind around here.  But the second day we had a flat on the jeep and when I went to change it, I found out that these new rims require a different kind of wrench to take them off.  Called Les Schwab and the maintenance guy said to check the glove box as that is where the guys always put them.  I looked and it was not there.  I really started to get pissed when he told me to look in center console or in the pockets on the doors.  Then he said that I could use a 17 MM deep socket and that would do it.  So, we got the camper ready and I drove to Tonto Basin and bought one at a small hardware store there.  Drove back and it would not work.  He said the only other thing he could suggest was to call my insurance company and get roadside assistance.  We that made me really angry but I did it to get it fixed.  Well the only wrecker service that they could find that would come out that had one of those sockets or keys or what ever they were calling it, was 40 miles away and it would be was dark by then.  I cancelled that and the next morning I called Les Schwabs and talked to the guy who sold them to me.  He immediately said he would over night express the part to us.  I got the address of the little hardware store and hoping it shows up sometime today.  

UPDATE:  The socket to take off the lug nuts showed up at the hardware store and we got it changed.  Now we just have to get the flat tire fixed on a Saturday around here.  



Sunrise from our camp.

Hiking on a BLM road we found this tank which is new from the last time we hiked this road a few years ago.

The Tonto River is dry!!!!

The new type of wheel lug nuts.

Evening view of Roosevelt Lake.

We went on a bushwacking hike the other morning.  No trail!!

This is the wash we came up.

It has been extremely dry around here and I don't know if this is the reason for the prickly pears to change color but there are a lot of them this color or yellow.




No comments: