PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

ELK, THEY ARE EVERY WHERE!

I have seen a lot of elk around in the last few days.  We are not seeing that many calves, but young cows seem to be in abundance.  This morning I was walking down to change my water in the meadow and walked upon over 25+ head of elk before I really knew I was on them.  My mind was on what I was going to do today and not looking for elk.  A few spotted me before I saw them and moved off.  There were elk laying down sleeping, calves nursing, cows still grazing and some watching me.  I managed to get my camera out of my vest and was able to take a couple of pictures before they all moved off to the north.  But there were not in a big hurray.  Not running anyway.  They are getting way to habituated! 

This cow was on Powerline Point and was so busy eating she did not notice Zeph and I walking up on her.

The other evening this bunch of young cows were all around the corrals.



Look close and you can see the calf nursing his/her mother. 



No comments: