PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A PRETTY GOOD SKI DAY

I had written this post last weekend but never got it posted so here it is now.  We will be going skiing tomorrow as there is at least 22 inches of new snow at the resort.  I will try and take a picture or two of powder skiing.


It had been two weeks since Connie and I skied our little resort because of no new snow.  We just needed to go up there and make some turns.  Get us off the place and make sure our skis still worked.  They advertised 2 inches of new snow so we met Brenda up there to make a few turns.  Our friend from Salmon, Jerry who is one of the "old guys" that we speak of all the time was there also without any of the "old guys" to ski with so he went with us.  We had a great time and made some pretty fast runs.  Hardly anyone on the hill so you could really let your skis rip.  I took my carving skis versus the powder ones and had a good time skiing them.  I think that is just the second time I have skied them in two years.  We do have some hope of new snow this weekend and might just go back up on Sunday.

Elk grazing in the hay field while we were feeding in the meadow.

 Connie, Jerry, and Brenda.

No comments: