PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Friday, June 07, 2013

ELK AND STRANGE CLOUDS

Been seeing quite a few elk around our place.  In fact, the last two mornings I have ran into a cow while irrigating and she must have a calf hid near the route I take walking down to the meadow.  Yesterday she was a ways off when I walked down, but today on the way back she was much closer - and I had Zeph with me.  He saw her and loped up towards her.  She did not give an inch and looked like she was about to take him when I finally got him to come back.  I had him heel and we turned away from her and walked away.  She had her nostrils flared and just looked like she was ready to take us on.  I kept looking back but she never left nor took her eyes off of us.  Of course I never had a camera with me.  I did have one when Connie and I went for a ride later this morning though.  We came upon a fat old cow that looks like she was close to calving, but I don't think she had a calf yet.  We turned and left her in her little clearing she was in.  And speaking of not have a camera, we were on our way back from running into Corvallis this afternoon when I saw some very pretty clouds that had a rainbow in them.  We drove back to the house as fast as we could and I grabbed my big camera and took a few pictures but the angle and size had changed.  Still unusual though.


The rose bushes are starting to bloom.

The clouds from the old fire pit.


The fat old cow.

No comments: