PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Sunday, June 30, 2013

UPDATE 30 JUNE 2013

Been a little busy around here lately.  Been doing quite a bit of riding and then my old school had it's annual "All Class Reunion".  Since I am a member of the Alumni committee, I always get involved in that.  We had our dinner last night and it was great.  Got to see some people I had not seen since they left high school or I left.  We are not seeing very many elk around anymore.  Probably a number of reasons for that: it is finally getting hot so they are probably heading up to higher altitude, lots of bugs down here right now, and they are done calving.  Probably other reasons that I do not know. 

Went to Lee Metcalf National Wildlife Refuge by Stevensville the other morning really early.  That place has lots of birds, and I was surprised how big the babies are getting.  It is a great place to visit if you are ever in the area and enjoy birds. 


Zeph out getting a stick that Connie threw into the Big Ditch canal.

Two baby night hawks in their ground nest close to a rock.  We see these birds nesting just right out in the open a lot.

A little fog around Lee Metcalf NWR early in the morning.

Lots of ponds for waterfowl.

Thought this Eastern Kingbird had a great parking spot.


A Hooded Merganser with her babies.

A family of Buffleheads I think.  The male is really easy to identify, but I have trouble with the female.

Doug and Connie on one of our rides.

No comments: