PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Saturday, March 07, 2015

YUMA



The first order of business while we were in Yuma was to go to Algodones, Mexico so I could get an abscessed tooth pulled out.  It was my bottom right wisdom tooth and was really starting to give me fits.  The cost is less in Mexico but the pain is more.  And I also got a haircut which I needed and it was cheaper by far than in the US.  The others bought a number of things while waiting on me to get my tooth pulled. 
We camped at Senator Wash just north of Yuma on a nice beach.  Did a little kayaking and took lots of hikes. This won’t be our last time down there probably.  

A beer and guacamole dip before supper.  A little cool while we were there.

Kayaking at Mittry Lake.


Zeph, me, and Connie's shadow while walking in the morning.

An egret taking flight.

A soft shelled turtle just before he jumped into the water.

Our camp and Senator Wash.

Where we did most of our hiking.

The views were great.  

Lots of up and down hills though.

We had a lot of turkey vultures roosting in the trees and after it rained one night, they all spread their wings and dried out.


Kayaking in Senator Wash.



No comments: