PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Good Powder Day

I went skiing today and it was a great powder day.  They had received 7 inches of new snow overnight and it was still snowing.  Plus, chair 4 had to close yesterday because of winds so it did not get skied out.  I was lucky and was able to put down first tracks on a couple of runs.  Powder nearly up to my knees over at chair 4.  The bad news was my old body is a little out of shape and I had to stop to rest my legs a lot more that I am used to doing.  By early afternoon my legs were rubber and I was just beat so called it a day.  Did not take very many pictures as most of the time I was skiing all by myself on runs.  Hardly anyone was there.  Never had to stand in line or call "single".  Well I did stand in line for the first ride up the lift in the morning on chair one.  Below are the two pictures I did take.

While resting my legs on the Lewis and Clark run I took this picture of my tracks.

This was the best visibility I saw at the top when there was a break in the clouds.  Everything is covered in frost up there.

No comments: