PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Saturday, January 16, 2016

SOME MORE OLD PICTURES

Thought I would post a few pictures that I scanned from some albums we have.  Had to do it for another project so thought I would include some of them on the blog.

We had some cold nights in North Pole, AK, but this I think was the coldest.

And we had a lot of snow some years, but this is the most we had at our little cabin in the woods.

Nephew Carl with a nice halibut.

This is how we got many of our salmon for eating in the winters.  Went down to the Copper River near Chitna and dip netted them.  At that time we were allowed 25 per family in the subsistence program.  The other guys are military folks in my unit up there. One person would drive the boat and the other two would man the dip nets.

Connie and I in front of the Mayberry Boxcar - one of the boxcars we lived in.

Connie with a couple of nice halibuts.  Zeke is saying "I know what we are having for supper tonight".

This picture was taken down at Deep Creek in early May as I said I was going to meet the first King Salmon coming up the Cook Inlet on their way to the spawning grounds right after I retired.  There was no one else fishing there for the first few days and we caught quite a few.

Ethan and Tom William's daughter Jennifer on Tom's boat out in the Seward area.




Ethan catching a red salmon on the Russian River.



No comments: