PEARLS OF WISDOM

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS HAS NEVER OWNED A HORSE."

Friday, May 27, 2016

VIETNAM VETERANS HONORED WITH 50th ANNIVERSARY PIN

I attended Montana Congressman Ryan Zinke's (Montana's only one)  ceremony honoring Vietnam Veterans with a 50th Anniversary Pin up in Missoula this morning.  It was a very nice ceremony and the featured speaker was my powder skiing buddy General Dale Stovall who I flew with in Vietnam.  I got to see some folks I have not seen for a few years. Congressman Zinke also gave a little talk on what is happening back in Washington with Veteran's issues.  Some of it was not good but that is Washington for you. 

I think my mustache might be a little out of limits!  The General  looks good though!


General Stovall and Representative Zinke talking before the ceremony.  Zinke was a Navy Seal and commanded Seal Team Six at one time.  He is very articulate and smart man.  Raised up in Whitefish, MT.


The crowd at the Vietnam Memorial in Rose Memorial Park in Missoula.

And a few other pictures from around here.

Look close and you will see a turkey eating left over oats under Jack.  It amazes me how they just ignore each other.

Carl and Deb's daughter Elaina with her Olympic Ribbons she won: a gold, a silver, and a bronze.  Way to go Elaina!!

Everything is starting to bloom including these pentstemons we got from Pam down in Utah last year.


Some elk watching Connie and I go by on our walk the other morning.  In the spring they are not very scared of us.

This is a year of the Bitterroots I guess.  They are thicker than usual and are starting to bloom.

We found these while riding to the east of us yesterday.  I will post more pictures of these flowers when ours start to bloom on our horse path.



No comments: